Wednesday 31 August 2011

Spring Flowers

Its the 1st official day of spring and its really starting to feel likeit here too; the sun is out and there are flowers poking up everywhere. And of course I'm about to give birth!!! Due a week today but we'll see, the 1st Munchkin only made her appearance 13 days after her due date.

In the meantime I've been knocking out a couple of spring flower tops with the fabric I got at Spotlight about a month ago. Loads of lovely florals, I had a hard time trying to decide what to get.

I had the tie neck pattern in mind when I got the fabric. Its really light and the small flowers don't stand out too much. The other cotton I just loved, its a bit stiffer. I decided on the boxy pattern to offset the overall ull on florallyness of it. I like the pocket and elastic and hope that it will look sort of flowery sporty (if there is such a thing) with a pair of jeans and sandals.



Both the patterns are from Burda Style magazine which I keep getting out of the library. The 1st one I managed to buy as its an old mag for only 20c, woo hooo. The second is from 02/2011 and you can download the pattern from the website here too.

Looking foward to trying them all on without my big belly, hoping they fit ok!! Maud x

No comments:

Post a Comment